Monday, March 21, 2016

Road to the Record | 8 Weeks Out

This past week was a total gut check. My newest training phase left me sore and tired, but luckily I was able to sleep more than usual because of the Spring Break lull at work. The new increase in volume (overall sets, reps, and weight used) sent my body into shock and survival mode and my bodyweight didn't budge. Not to fret, I still have two months to make weight. I downed my calories another 200 calories a day, nothing drastic, and we'll see what happens this week. I'm starting to get close to my body's natural set point and I feel like these last few pounds are going to be a bit of a challenge to lose. I haven't been under 150lb in 5 years.

This past week I also received two packages in the mail...one was my AAU member shirt (who doesn't like t-shirts?) and the other was my new weightlifting belt. This is the nicest belt I've ever owned and was put to the test last leg day when I did 3x3 heavy pause squats and 4x8 high box squats. Its kind of comical to see me get in and out of this new belt because I can't buckle it (or unbuckle it) without help. Hopefully this will change as it gets more broken in.


A few small victories for this past week is that I had the most weight on my back than I ever have before, 255lb, and didn't feel like breaking in half! Also, my bench press set up (staying tight and using good leg drive) is getting better and better, and my wrists have been holding up despite the increase in overall pressing movements. So far, I haven't felt the need to have to wear wrist wraps.

Time is ticking and May will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment